All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa for visiting India, obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad.
Step 1 All Individual visa seekers can apply for the Visa for Visiting India through Online application link , in order to make an application for getting the Indian visa.
Step 2 A printed copy of the application form completed in all respect and submitted online successfully, is to be presented at the concerned Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or Indian Mission/ Post
Step 3 Scheduled interview present signed and printed application form along with the requisite supporting documents.
Step 4 Post interview status of Visa Application can be seen on the link for Visa Enquiry. You may visit website of the Indian Mission in your country for detailed information about Indian visa.
For visitors from specific countries e-visa facility is available, which is completely online process
e-Visa Facility is available for nationals of following countries/territories
Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameron Union Republic, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger Republic, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal , Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Uganda,Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
E-VISA application process to get Visa for Visiting India
Apply online Upload Photo and Passport Page
Pay visa fee online Using Credit / Debit card
Receive Visa for Visiting India – Online e-Visa Will be sent to your e-mail
Fly To India Print e-Visa and carry at the time of travel
For 11 countries tourist visa for visiting India on arrival scheme is currently being run by government of India. Dental Tourist from these eleven countries can take benefit of visa on arrival in India. Please find the details here
Countries whose citizens are eligible for Visa On Arrival in India, Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Indonesia, Myanmar
- Passport valid for at least 6 months and contains minimum two blank pages.
- Two Passport size photographs
- Photocopy of Passport
- Return ticket